Saturday, July 31, 2004

My Old Man (Buddy's Refrain)

My old man doesn't know me
very well...
he doesn't know what makes me cry,
what makes me laugh;
he doesn't know what I dream about,
what or whom I long for
in the blue shadows of the night.

My old man doesn't know where
love has taken me...
whom I've loved and lost,
whom I've used and been used by;
he doesn't know who has
broken my heart,
nor any of those whose hearts
I've broken in my ongoing
journey to myself.

My old man doesn't know me
very well...
but he loves me anyway...
and perhaps,
just perhaps,
none of the rest matters much
when all is said and done.

©2004 neverending rainbow enterprises, ltd. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with