Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ouch (epilogue)

I just finished this week's batch of boring (but paying and therefore good...money for writing, even boring writing, is good) articles and decided to write the finish of the wisdom teeth extraction adventure (see here, here, and then here if you're interested in previous installments of this intrepid saga.)

A quick visit to the oral surgeon on Monday (and I mean quick, they had me in and out of there in 5 minutes, I didn't get to crack the book I had brought along) showed that everything was healing nicely (still have to rinse the extraction sites for a while with a vile substance he swears is good for me but that's about it. )

I'd gone off the painkillers after a couple of days and I never really got any major swelling. In hindsight, I'm really glad that I had them all done at once as, even though it wasn't as bad as I imagined it might be, I would not wish to go through the experience more than once.

Thanks again to everyone who left welcome advice and good wishes during the "adventure", it was, again, all very much appreciated.

(And with that, my teeth have left the blog :-)

1 comment:

Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

So glad to see you didn't lose your sense of humor along with your wisdom (teeth)!