Friday, March 24, 2006

Many Happy Returns

Today is my favorite nephew's 11th birthday. It seems like he was a baby just a little while ago...seems like it hasn't been that long since I held him up to a warm summer night's sky and told him, in the vein of the somewhat corny but still meaningful scene from "Roots", to "behold the only thing greater than yourself" (yes, I really did this and I'm only slightly chagrined by my hubris...he just gurgled happily [babies trust me...don't why but they always have] and it was all good.)

I will spare you (and myself) the cliches about time "flying" and the like ...

Springtime weather slipped in here while I wasn't looking. Walking in the breezy sunshine is a grand way to recharge the creative and emotional batteries and that too is all good.

Enjoy the day.

Namaste, y'all.

No comments: