Saturday, October 09, 2004

missed the party

I missed the second Presidential debate. I'm not feeling guilty about it or anything though (maybe I'm a bad American voter after all...I can live with that if I am since I was probably miss the third one as well.) I've heard about as much as I need to from the President and the Senator between now and Election Day (unless, and this is an extremely long shot, they actually have something interesting, enlightening, and new to add to the ongoing campaign.)

I suspect that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

I was, to be perfectly honest, close to a TV not long after the "debate" began but I chose to leave it off. I was more interested in recovering from a day-long adventure to Busch Gardens...an amusement park for those of you who might not have heard of it. We were on the go for better than 12 hours and by the time I got my shoes off and my feet up the last thing I wanted to deal with was the two candidates for the Presidency rattling off their rote responses and carefully crafted "zingers"...having not watched it I'm willing to guess that I am no less informed than I would have been had I invested 90 minutes of my life in doing so.

I suspect that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

No comments: