Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Anniversary

One year ago...on Monday July 5, 2004....I started blogging with a short, innocuous post (see here) which was quickly followed with a recap of a visit to the local County Fair (see here.) Time really does fly when...well, you know...

I'm not exactly sure how many posts have been presented on this site since that beginning (Blogger's stat-thing stopped counting at 196 some months ago) but there's been a bunch of them...short stories, sprawling serials, vignettes, the occasional photo, meme, or poem, tributes, personal asides, experiences, and observations, some navel gazing (including answering one of the Proust Questionnaires and later writing "roughly 950 words" about myself), even some political stuff early on (I stopped because there are plenty of others doing that more passionately than I could or would want to)...some more interesting than others but all having some merit (at least to me) when they were published.

I doubt that many people were reading this blog for the first few months (I didn't join any services like Blog Explosion until January of this year) but I wrote for it regularly just the same. It was, as I said in the first post, a way of keeping focused on my writing (Bread and Roses had an earlier incarnation as a self-published literary journal which had a small but loyal subscription base.)

Looking back through the archives, it's been an intriguing, often engaging experience. I've discovered interesting blogs (all of the wonderful sites on the blogroll on the left and many, many more as well), been cheered, charmed, and challenged by comments, and have basically had a grand year.

Onward to year two...who knows what I/we will discover in the space in the days and weeks and months to come. As a wise man once said: perseverance furthers.

Namaste, y'all (and thank you very much for your kind attention.)

No comments: