Thursday, August 19, 2004

Citizen Keyes

Alan Keyes (resident of Maryland, failed Presidential candidate) in 2000:

"I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton's willingness to go into a state she doesn't even live in and pretend to represent the people there. So I certainly wouldn't imitate it."

Alan Keyes (resident of Maryland, failed Presidential candidate) in 2004:

"When I was first approached with the offer to run for the Senate in Illinois, I was hesitant to agree, since I am not from the state. However, when all of these friends of mine sent me information on the unopposed Democrat candidate, Barack Obama, I agreed that it just seemed wrong that somebody with his record should kind of waltz into the United States Senate unopposed. "

I guess bemoaning "the destruction of federalism"...not to mention, blithely indulging in sanctimonious, self-serving hypocrisy...is subject to re-interpretation when personal interest comes into play.

No comments: