Friday, February 18, 2005

random notes (Presidents' weekend edition)

It's raining here again. Sometime last night while I was contentedly snoring in my warm waterbed the officially measured amount of rainfall that has fallen in my part of town crested over 20 inches since the officially mandated rainy season began back in July. That's a lot of rain for this area...especially compared to the relatively dry rainy seasons we've had since '98, the juicy "El Nino" year...but not so much to get worked up about (one hopes that rainfall continues to stay well below ark-building levels...I haven't the foggiest idea what a "cubit" is and, though I'm a good swimmer, I doubt that I could tread water for 40 hours much less 40 days and 40 nights.)

* * * * *

A week to go and I have, not surprisingly, utterly failed in my self-appointed task of trying to see a majority of the movies nominated for Oscars before the awards are announced (where the hell does the time go? You'd think I had a life or something...) It ain't the end of the world, of course...as much as I love them, they're just movies...and this failure has happened more years than not since I first started making this promise to myself 30 years or so ago so I'm cool with it (and hey, I still have a week to turn it around...)

* * * * *

100 Things About Me:

#1....

Nah, I'm just messin' with you...while it's true that there are at very least 100 things I could put on such a list I have to believe that it would not really be of much interest to you to read (or, for that matter, for me to compose.)

That said, I have read through such lists on other sites and found some of them kinda interesting (I find myself composing sometimes fanciful mental pictures of the people based on their lists never knowing how close the portraits crafted by my fertile imagination are to the truth.

Life is full of willful contradictions.

* * * * *

A big Presidents' Day weekend shout out to Abe Lincoln for the whole emancipation and preserving the Union things. Thumbs up from this quarter, big guy, good calls. (And yes George, the "father of our nation" gig was really cool, too. Much love to ya.)


No comments: