Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ouch (Updated Again)

The oral surgeon's nurse called yesterday to tell me that the third day could be the worse...at least in terms of swelling (of which there has been little) and discomfort (of which there has been some...more today than yesterday actually.)

It's not so bad. I take the antibiotics and the painkiller and I swill the foul-tasting mouth rinse and I eat a little bland soft food (I feel like a child gingerly taking in mashed potatoes and oatmeal and pudding and then rinsing my mouth with tepid water to keep the mouth as clean as possible.)

At least I'm getting a chance to get caught up on some reading and some movie viewing (see here for more about that.)

Thanks again to everyone who's left good wishes and welcome advice. It is all very much appreciated.

Regular (non-oral surgery related) blogging should resume in a couple of days or so.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but try eating some yogurt as well. It'll help the digestion when you're on a lot of antibiotics.