Wednesday, February 16, 2005

comfortably numb

Yow. Usually after I've finished writing, I feel invigorated and fulfilled...the muse has made herself known through me and the result...good, bad, or somewhere inbetween...is tangible proof of our new collaboration.

But I've only just finished a marathon writing project...15 subjects and nearly 7,500 words in the space of roughly 36 hours...and all I feel in numb and ready for a nap...or a hug...or both :-)

Of course the fact that my personal muse had little do with this project and the fact that the subjects were not of my choosing play a big part in my ennui. (But hey, this too will pass.)

Researching and writing(hopefully) informative little pieces on a wide variety of subjects wouldn't have been my first choice for a project to concentrate on for the past two days but hey it's a paying gig...and when someone wants to pay you for writing you gotta go for it. (Of course, had I not let events and whims of the past week cloud my judgment, today's deadline wouldn't have loomed so large so "suddenly" and I wouldn't have had to tackle so many unconnected subjects in such a relatively short period...but I did and there's no use fretting overmuch about it. The job is done...done well, I think...and so it goes.)

There being no one here to hug...and no more topics to tackle for the time being...that nap sounds like plan :-) I'm off (in more ways than one :-)

Perseverance furthers.

1 comment:

Wyrfu said...

Procrastination rules...........well, it will tomorrow!