Thursday, October 11, 2007

a morning in the life

…woke up, got outta bed,
dragged a comb across my head…

Okay, I continue to shave off my hair on a regular basis so I didn’t drag any combs anywhere…but it’s a lovely October morning here and I’m doing my best to enjoy it…or at least appreciate it…after having dragged (see, I knew dragging was involved somehow) myself out of bed.

I have a low grade fever and a sinus thing so I slept fitfully…staccato bursts of intense dreaming alternating with sudden (but thankfully fleeting) returns to the waking world…and I’m achy (but strangely not cranky…”go with the flow” is the motto I always endeavor to live by and it actually seems to be working even as I sit here waiting for the Tylenol to make the soft but insistent pounding in my head go away.)

I’m one shower and a second mug of tea (Twinings’ Irish Breakfast…a lovely brew) from possibly becoming a productive human being today…wish me luck (and send me any positive healing energy you can spare), gentlefolk…

Thank you for your attention to this feverish ramble…and, as always, thank you for dropping by this here blog o’ mine. Enjoy the day (or the night if you’ve suffered through this while the golden moon was languidly dancing across the starry sky.)

Namaste, y’all.

“A Day in the Life”
words and music by John Lennon & Paul McCartney

No comments: