Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Remember Me (Eli's Song)

Remember me…when the moonlight dances languidly along the suburban avenues…when the Pacific wind blows in softly from the west and tickles the stoic fancies of the palms and the lemon trees.

Remember me…when the tears you cry take away your pain and the smiles you share are heartfelt and freely shared with a laconic, grey world…when your body wants to waltz even where there is no music and when your heart shudders like it did the first time you fell in love.

Remember me…when the sun turns the near horizon a dozen dazzling shades of gold and orange…when the night folds around you the way your mother’s arms did when you were young and there was no safer place in the whole wide world to be than in her strong, gentle, soothing arms.

Remember me…when the clouds paint fanciful pictures across warm azure skies…when the laughter of the children and the sighs of the young girls and the remembrances of the old men reveal themselves as music as heartbreakingly evocative as you could ever want or hope to be swept up into…when the tender kisses of gallant young men and the gentle embraces of beautiful old women soothe and keep you even in your darkest moments.

Remember me…as I am…as I wish to be…as you wish me to be. Remember me as I, my dear parents…my dear friends…my dear teachers…my dear lovers…my dear children…my dear world…will always remember and keep you.

No comments: