Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hail and Farewell

The year was off to a promising start…quiet, relaxed, filled with the promise of new creative avenues to explore and new horizons to reach for…and then the water heater sprang a leak…

Okay, it’s not that big a deal (well, the unexpected cost of replacing the water heater…more than 10 years old…with a new one was not welcome...those puppies are expensive...but what are you gonna do?) but it made me realize that something’s got to give.

I need to redouble my efforts to find an agent and/or to get published more often (and with more reward…I write because I need to and because I have to but my creditors can’t convert my passion into anything worth their while :-) or, failing that, seek other ways to keep the home fires stoked and the tax man at bay. I need to focus a bit more on the many things I have to do and something’s got to give.

I love this incarnation of Bread and Roses (a scant few of you will know that there was a self-published, subscription-based, pamphlet version of B&R some years ago) but something’s got to give and this blog unfortunately falls into that category.

Time and circumstance are not friends of mine right now and so Bread and Roses is done for the nonce (updates had become increasingly sporadic as it was...)

I can’t begin to tell those of you who have been regular (or semi-regular or even casual readers) of this blog how much I appreciate your kind attention, your comments (positive, negative, or in-between), your positive energy, and, most importantly, the gift of discovering your own writing, observations, and slices of life through your blogs (of course, that includes all of the great sites on the blogroll on the left…all HIGHLY recommended…and many, many more besides.)

I started this blog on July 5, 2004 and I'm putting it on hiatus on January 5, 2006...not a terrrible run and I've had a ball doing it.

Namaste, y’all,
Michael

p.s.- I’m not abandoning the blogosphere completely…my pop culture blog, Neverending Rainbow, will continue to be updated on a semi-regular basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic