Thursday, February 17, 2011

150 Words: I Want

I want to sleep for more than five hours a night.  I want to stop wandering through the haze in my happy guy mask.  I want to be understood without having to spell things out in exhausting detail.  I want to understand much better than I obviously do.

I want to breathe easy and laugh unabashedly.  I want to cry when I need to and not have it held against me.  I want to stop disappointing the world.  I want the world to stop disappointing me.

I want to kiss somebody who thinks I’m their hero.  I want to make love in the warm heart of cool clear nights and wake up entwined, whispering, sharing silly, bawdy endearments with someone who couldn’t imagine any better place to be.

I want the life I live to at least try, just try, to mirror the life I imagine.

I want too much.

No comments: