Thursday, November 04, 2010

My Baby

It was just a glancing blow…on one level it barely registered…on another level it rocked me like red thunder…my baby hit me…my baby’s eyes filled with acid tears and uncoiling rage…my baby hit me and then tried to hit me again.

I put a stop to that…my baby was strong but not as strong as me…by holding my baby off.

“You’re mean…you’re a selfish bastard…you’re…you’re….”  My baby lost words and tried to break free.  I held my baby tight.

“You’re right,” I said recoiling inside at the naked truth.  “You’re right…”

My baby glared at me and then relaxed.  I let my baby go.  “I hate you.”

It was just a glancing blow…on one level is bounced right off…on another level in stabbed deep into my being.  “No you don’t.”

My baby’s lips parted but she could work up no venom.  Silence mocked us and then my baby looked away.  “No…I don’t…but one day I might...”

“I know…”

My baby looked into my eyes.  I nodded.  My baby stepped into me letting tears stain my chest.

I put my arms around my baby, wishing I had more tears to offer.  “I know…”

No comments: