Sunday, September 12, 2010

150 Words: Magdalena's Angel

I was dancing with Magdalena’s angel…dancing in the graceful gold of harvest moonlight…dancing in the world unencumbered by shyness or artifice.

She lifted my face to hers, her dark eyes smiling, and nodded lovingly…she held me close, told me that I was a fool, that I just needed some faith.

I closed my eyes, head on her shoulder…she smelled like jasmine and sweet honey…and believed her because believing is all you can do when you’re dancing with an angel.

She smiled patiently, called me a silly man, and lifted us into the nighttime sky.

I was dancing with Magdalena’s angel…dancing over verdant fields and majestic rises…dancing in the arms of heaven, in the gaze of the gracious universe.

She laughed warmly, called me a good man, and took us over the horizon to greet the waking sun.

I was dancing with Magdalena’s angel…dancing in the light of another welcoming dawn.


No comments: