Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resolutions

I resolve to appreciate more sunsets and rainbows, more clear starry nights and big golden moons; I resolve to indulge in more tender hugs, more soft kisses, and all of the everyday magic around me..

I resolve to smile more and talk more and to be more patient with my fellow beings than I am sometimes. I resolve to be on the look out for far more silver linings and far fewer dark clouds.

I resolve to sing more, to fret less, to dream more, to worry less; I resolve to dance when the mood strikes and cry when the occasion warrants; I resolve to cherish every kindness and to do my best to let go of any slights (real or imagined.)

I resolve to dance more…in the sunshine, in the moonlight, in rainshowers, whenever music takes hold of me and bids me to do so; I resolve to write more, to learn more, to know more, to be more.

I resolve to not let the incessant media coverage of preening and/or self-destructive narcissists bother me as much as it has in the past (though, I reserve the right to wonder why the vapid lives of people like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton merit so much media attention.)

I resolve to give more and expect less…life often works out this way in any case and so going with this particular flow can only make the path that much easier to negotiate.

I resolve to hang onto memories but to live firmly in the now. I resolve to respect the past but to look forward to whatever the future brings.

I resolve to believe in magic, and laughter, and love…I resolve to be the best me I can be, a little better me than I was yesterday, a less better me than I will be tomorrow.

I resolve to...Be.

Namaste, y’all.

No comments: