Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Blogrolls?

As I surf through blogs I notice that bloggers approach blogrolling in many interesting ways. Some have extensive blogrolls of dozens of sites...others have none at all. Some pointedly don't blogroll sites at all (I've run across blogs that pointedly declare so) and others actively exchange links with other blogs.

Personally, I list sites (here and on Neverending Rainbow) that are of abiding interest to me...and, I hope, of some interest to people who read and/or enjoy my blog(s). There's not really a rhyme or reason to it...if a blog catches my fancy (because it's well-written and/or thought-provoking and/or entertaining and/or just warm and welcoming) I put it on the blogroll (as much, if I'm being honest, so that I can easily return to them myself...I try to check out all of the sites on my blogrolls at least once a week...as for any other reason :-)

I also try to keep the number of blogs on this list at a manageable number (I occasionally swap out blogs that have stopped being updated for whatever reason) so that it doesn't become too unwieldy. (I haven't really decided what that "unwieldy" number is...I've been keeping the list at 20-30 sites for the most part but it fluctuates.)

I'd be interested in how other bloggers approach the subject of blogrolling so please feel free to share your perspectives on the issue if you've a mind to.

Namaste, y'all.

No comments: